Amelia never had a fully decorated nursery so I am really looking forward to decorating a toddler room. It will be a slow process probably ending when she goes into a big girl bed but that should help to spread the cost and give me time to source all the things I really want at the best prices.
I’ve been having a browse online at what kind of theme if any I like and what colours I like. The walls are already an off white cream colour and they will be staying that way. Her nursery bedding was all yellow as I couldn’t find anything pink that I liked that wasn’t covered in hearts or giant tacky characters and I want the yellow to continue but intend to bring in a bit more of a pink floral theme.
I actually got some bedding in last years Next sale which I think is pink and yellow butterflies so that can help get the ball rolling but its likely I will get another set too.
Her bedroom is a really good size so there is room to have lots of different bits going on. I love the idea of having crisp white furniture a cosy bed layered with quilts and blankets and a teepee reading corner filled with bean bags and tonnes of cushions to snuggle down with all of Amelia’s favourite stories.
I also like the idea of the room being a bit mismatch but all cute with the mix of pastel colours.
I’m at the beginnings of looking into things so this will probably be a series over the course of the next few months. None of these are definite purchases just getting some ideas and inspiration flowing.
- I adore this floral quilt from Zara. I think its the perfect pattern with the ditsy floral design but I think it would need to be on top of a more plain bedding set. You can get it in cot/single size and is around £39.99.
- This is the Bella Butterfly pink cotton bedset from Laura Ashley and I think this and the above quilt would go perfectly together. You can get all the bits to go with it like a curtain, rug, lampshade etc but I love this set and Laura Ashley bedding is really good quality plus the combination of flower filled butterflies is perfect.
- This pink striped cotton rug is an absolute bargain and is most likely going to feature in Amelia’s bedroom. It’s a really great size has anti slip protectors on the back and is a complete steal from H&M at only £14.99. (Yes they do one in blue those with boys!)
- I love blankets and having them folded up ready to snuggle under and this would be the perfect addition to a little girls room. This is another pick from Zara who has the most gorgeous selection of blankets, I could easily have them all. I love the panelled sections of different patterns in this blanket but I would only get it if it was still in the sale at £19.99.
- I really love this Flower Tree Lamp from Next and think it could be a good statement piece on a white bedside table.
- I love these Cable & Cotton Marshmallow fairy lights and think they would add perfectly to Amelia’s room draped over the end of her bed or around her book case or over her teepee to add to cosy bedtimes. You can get these in a variety of lengths and are really reasonable in price.
- This isn’t the light shade I want to have but something dainty with some beads on so it can stick around for a few years as her room grows up! This one here is from Laura Ashley.
These prints are all from This Modern Life who sell a selection of the coolest home-ware and if you decorated entirely from them your baby/childs room would be the coolest around.
I love the idea of having a cluster of these prints postcard sized in frames on one of her walls. I think they are so cute and they have so many to choose from. I wouldn’t definitely go for these specific ones but I picked a few of my favourites. I think having these on the wall would change the dynamic of the room slightly and jazz it up a little bit.
These are my storage picks; I’m not going to bore you with me comparing prices on different furniture sites of pretty much identical white wardrobes and chests of draws but thought I would share the fun stuff.
1. I love these House Shelves from Next. I think they are cute and fun and would look really great staggered on one of Amelia’s bedroom walls with little statement trinkets in. You can get these in a few places but these are £18 from Next which is pretty good for 3!
2/3/4/5. These are all Storage Boxes form H&M and are only £3.99. I love the idea of having one in each pattern and they are a really good size for a really good price.
6. This is a Storage Cube to put the above Storage Boxes into. They would be stacked and probably look really cool! This is from Argos and I have also discovered they do a ready made 4X Storage Cube which would probably work out cheaper. I would just need to check out the dimensions of the boxes to make sure they would fit. The Great Little Trading Company do a similar idea to this in their storage section but its quite pricey so sometimes you have to buy from a few different places to keep the cost down but it would still look the same!
7. This is another one from H&M (who knew they did homeware…I didn’t until this search and so reasonable!!) I love the idea of this Wooden Storage Box sitting on her dressing table or next to her bed with that nights choice of book in. It looks like a wagon which I think is super fun and just a bit different.
8. Not so much storage but such a cute Photo Frame it says “Mom and Me” from Zara.
9. Another possible shelving idea are these Pretty Trim Shelves in pink and white. Makes a change from just normal shelves and £25 for them both from Next is a good price.
I’m not entirely sure if I want a little table and chair in Amelia’s room just yet as I might want that for downstairs but whilst I’m thinking about it these are the ones I would choose from.
- This a Pyramid Bean Bag which I would put inside her teepee. I love these from the Great Little Trading Company and they are a really good size but possibly too pricey so I would be looking around for one in more or less the same pattern as I like that it incorporates lots of different pastel colours.
- I love this Chair from IKEA. I’m not sure if its the fat legs, the bubblegum pink or the fact that its £7 I just love it and whether its for a bedroom or downstairs I think its a must.
- And if your getting the chair you have to get the matching Table which is also a bargain at £17.
- This Whittington Chair is another pick from Great Little Trading Company and poses the same problem as the bean bag chair…love it but maybe its too much money. Would maybe look out for it going on sale as I would love to get it in either pink/white/yellow.
My final picks are a selection of cushions all completely different with mismatching patterns and sizes but I think they would look really inviting bursting out of Amelia’s teepee or scattered on her bed.
- This Little Fairy Butterflies Cushion is from John Lewis and if I went with butterfly bedding would sit nicely on top.
- This is the Provence Rose Cushion from Cath Kidston. I think every room should have something Cath Kidston and I really love this print.
- This Bella Butterfly Cushion matches the bedding I chose waaay at the top of this post from Laura Ashley.
- Floral Embroidered Cushion is from H&M and follows all other items from there in being a great price at £7.99.
- Fox Cushion is from Next. Who doesn’t love foxes especially when it is only £8.
- Like their blankets Zara have got a plethora of gorgeous cushions this Little Flowers Patchwork design being one of them.
- Little Dots Cushion is another beautiful Zara cushion (oops!) Its quilted with stars and then the bright coloured loose threads are a really nice addition.
- This would be more of a little joke as Amelia LOVES broccoli so it would be funny to have this Cushion/Toy from IKEA.
- A final pick from H&M is this lovely Frilled Gold Cushion to keep the fashionable side of the room.
I know there is a lot to take in from this post but would love your thoughts. What you like, what you don’t like and point me in the direction of other shops/websites that have bits to go with this floral, girly, cutsie, mismatching bedroom idea!
Thanks for reading!xxx